Sponsored Ad

Garnier {B.B. Cream Review}


To Be Or Not To B.B.,That Is The Question?
I have always had oily skin and acne. As a result, it has left me hesitant to try new products. I'm afraid that it will break me out and then leave the dreaded scars and blemishes. So...as a hot blogger on the scene lol. I was sent the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B.Cream to try out and share my honest opinion. I must say I was skeptical, as I always am. After trying it, I emphatically say... you will have to read  more to find out lol.

Just Give Me The Facts Jack. What Is This B.B. Cream?

B.B. Cream is new to the skincare scene and many have yet to discover it. B.B. cream stands for (Beauty Balm Cream). Just a few years ago, it was impossible to buy in the United States, unless you were wealthy enough to import it form Asia or buy it from a luxury boutique.

In 2012 Garnier released B.B. Cream for everyone with Skin Renew and it's been a giant
success for the company. Now Garnier has launched the new Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream. It's enriched with mineral pigments and oil-absorbing mineral Perlite. So, people like me with oily and combination skin could finally achieve that light, flawless (shine-free finish) they always wanted.

After my own research, I learned that it was originally formulated in the 1960's in Germany by a dermatologist to protect her patients skin post surgery. Then it was introduced to South Korea in 1985 and we all know they pride themselves on the "porcelain" looking skin.

The Whole Kit And Caboodle
Before Photo
I was visiting a friend the other day and she was saying that she was going to have to bring her caboodle (full of make-up) over to let my girls go at it. I told her, they don't need no make-up, but I might need some jokingly. Then I thought about it and told her nah, I actually don't even wear much "make-up" anymore.

I went on to tell her about how I've only been wearing this thing called B.B. Cream and she said,"me too". I told her how much I love it and we started to talk about it. We talked about how I like to have coverage to even out my skin tone and cover up blemishes, but because my skin is oily I don't like the weight of most foundations. I would love to achieve the appearance of no make-up while looking flawless. The Garnier B.B. Cream is so light-weight, some may say runny but it works for me. It just melts into my skin while giving great coverage and absorbing the oil.
Here's A Tip: From my experience, I feel like I've got the application down to a science for me. You should put on a light moisturizer that you allow to absorb before applying the B.B. Cream, even if you are someone with oily skin. The first time I used it, I was on my way to a play and I started to apply my foundation, then I remembered I had just got the cream earlier that day. So I cleaned off the little bit of foundation and in my haste, I didn't moisturize just that one spot. I applied the B.B. Cream to my whole face and just that one (non-moisturized) spot was really dry, and flaky. So, you may have to play with it to see what works best for you.
After Photo

Make-Up Maven Girlfriend

Okay, let me just tell you a little background about my girlfriend. She is the make-up queen and stays up on the latest products. She is no stranger to dropping really good money on make-up she wants either. She told me that she is using the Smashbox C.C. Cream and had transitioned from their B.B Cream, and the first thing I asked her was how much does it cost. She told me it was around $30 or $40. I later found out it's $40 for a 1 oz. bottle. She offered me a bottle of the Smashbox BB cream that she had, with the suggestion that I do a comparison with the Garnier. So, I did just that the following day.




Cake, Cake, Cake, Cake, Cake, Cake, Face

Not to sound too harsh, but I hated it. I noticed immediately how heavy and clay like it was. It made my face feel like I was wearing a mask and it's heavier than any foundation I've ever used. I don't like the cake face. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and wore it the whole day, but couldn't wait to wash it off at the end of the day. I noticed the ingredients were pretty much the same, with Smashbox having a few more ingredients listed and the amounts were totally different. It was like the percentages were reversed. I of course immediately called her up and told her my experience. I strongly encouraged her to try the Garnier B.B. Cream and she don't waste no time. She went right out the same night and bought it.


Ooh, I Think I Love It!
The very next morning I awoke to this text message.
As you can see it was very early in the morning and it was the first thing I saw when I woke up. Needless to say she loves it and is a Garnier convert. I must say, I am so pleased that she loves it. She raved about how light it is and how perfect it is for the coming warm weather. I couldn't agree more and the oily skeptic in me is hoping it will stand up to the hottest of weather. I guess time will tell and I'll be sure to post an update.

Price Comparison

Just think, she was willing to spend $40 per ounce (Smashbox) and now she is getting the Garnier for $6.50 an ounce. The Garnier is $12.99 for a 2 oz bottle. She can buy 6 times more now. Looks like the more expensive product doesn't translate to the better product in this instance. So the quality and affordability prove to be my liking and my girlfriend.



Disclosure: Thank You to BzzAgent and Garnier for sending me a complimentary bottle of the B.B. Cream to review. The opinions and thoughts expressed are our own. We received no other compensation for this review nor were we under any obligation to give a positive review.





This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Please read the Disclosure Policy


No comments:

LIKE HMC ON FACEBOOK